Psyop 2009 – 2011, Systems Administrator
- Set up a production software server. This reduced facility-wide software upgrade timeframe from weeks to minutes.
- Performance tuned a StorNext SAN network for compositors
- Administered RUSH & Royal render farms
- Supported After Effects, Nuke, Maya, and Softimage users
School of Visual Arts 2008 – 2009, Systems Administrator
- Responsible for digital video facilities in the Computer Art Department (cameras, computer labs, and a greenscreen studio)
- Purchased and deployed new video equipment and workstations
- Supervised lab assistants on a regular basis
- Started a department wiki, used for issue tracking and as a knowledge base
Dextrys 2007, Lead Graphic Designer
- I lived in China for a year. The company I worked for was a software outsourcing company that felt like corporate America, but in China.
- Managed a team of 7 Chinese designers
- Introduced weekly meetings, design lessons, progress reviews, and a streamlined workflow that centralized all work files and stock media on a new server
Psyop 2005 – 2006, Lead Digital Media Operator
- Responsible for all tape / DVD / digital output at the company
- Managed and trained a team of 3 employees
- Purchased, installed, and configured computers and video equipment
- Set up ImageSAN SAN network for editors and digital media department
Psyop 2004 – 2005, Tech Support
- I started started working at Psyop part time while I went to school.
- Worked directly with users in a helpdesk capacity
- Built workstations and servers
- Overhauled the server room. Increased the number of physical racks and changed the layout to make the machines easier to access.
School of Visual Arts 2003 – 2005, Lab Assistant
- Technical support for students and teachers
- Supervised shoots in the greenscreen studio
- Made system image for the computers in the digital video labs